Friday, May 22, 2009

First pictures - Four Seasons


For my first "publishment of pictures" I thought I would start with a couple of my nature shots!
I love taking pictures of God's beautiful world! Especially now that Spring is here I can't stop being amazed at how green everything gets! Growing up in Paraguay you never really get the full efect of when a season changes. Yes, it will get colder once winter comes, and yes there are a couple more flowers that will bloom once spring arrives but not like you can see it in a country that gets rain just about every second day.
I thought I would share four pictures that represent each season. So the first one is Spring, second Summer and so on.
Spring: I tried to put the focus on the flowers and blurr out everything else in the background. There is not much going on in this picture, but the long path points out that there is more nature and greenery to see.



Summer: Sun! This was last summer when I went camping with my friends family. This was the first morning, when we saw this halo around the sun. It was awesome! I didn't want to just take a pic of the sun and the halo so I decided to put this tree in the middle to help the ring stick out even more.






Fall: this was beginning of last fall. I focused in on the leafs that were closest to the camera. (by the way, you're going to notice that I do this alot - focuse in on what is close to the camera and the rest is blur)




Winter: This is at my work. I work at a Daycare that is located at an Elementary School which is all the way on top of a mountain. This picture was taken just before a major snow storm.
I liked the way the sun was trying to come out but the amount of clouds kept everything else dark. The tree helps to tone down the brightness and therefore lets the camera focus on other things as well.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You sound like a real professional! :) I love them all but the leaves in the fall picture and the sun halo are my favorite!
    I´m so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! You know, even though we have never lived anywhere else, this is what I would miss - the seasons. Even though I was thinking this winter would never ever end, I was so grateful for it. Thank you so much for the reminder.

    Hope your day is a good one!

    ☻ Barb

    ReplyDelete

Followers